Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Hello everyone who is reading this blog! Things are happening here in Belize and there is much to report on. Carroll one of the students here joined the school two weeks ago and also became an unbaptized publisher! Dashan another student gave her first talk on the school last week and is now an unbaptized publisher! The work down here is so rewarding and we pray and hope that anyone having the circumstances try to serve where the need is greater and reap the rich blessings of Jehovah - Proverbs 10:22


This ones from Derrick:
"Things have been absolutely fantastic down here in Belize! We have had so many great experiences its hard to remember them all. There always seems to be somebody stopping you at the side of the street and asking, "Brother what's the latest from Jehovah"? And when you give them their new copies of the Awake and Watchtower you can count on the next time seeing them that they are sitting down reading the articles in a group or with their families, just amazing. I had a really neat experience a week ago, we were stopping to get some water and the owners son saw us and came out and asked us if we were the Bible People? I told him, "Yes we are, did you have a question?" He said, "Can you teach me a story from the Bible? I am a teacher for the school and I have never taught religion before but that's what I am teaching this year." I said "Of course, thats what we are here to do. How many kids are in the school?" He said, "About 300." I then went over the creative days with him and told him that would be a good first story, then said to him, "It would be a good idea to teach the kids with some pictures, so ill bring back a story book that you can have that teaches kids stories from the Bible." He said, "Really? That is exactly what I need!" So I brought him the book a few days later and he has been sharing with the kids and he says that they love the book!"

This one's from Keith:
"Life here in belize just seems to move a little bit slower. The relaxed atmosphere, plus a cool breeze, creates a great environment to catchup on reading and ponder over life and jehovah. It's sometimes noted that with all the hustle and bustle back in the states, we often forget about the little things, the small praises to jehovah that we sometimes miss. I got to thinking about the little things here in belize. The kids!! There are so many of them and they too are eager to learn about the bible. That brings me to tell you about a man named Winston and his kids. I found Winston in the door to door work. He is a single parent with two small kids that live at home. He really wants to live a good life and be a good father for his children. He doesn't drink or take drugs, rare to find, so we have of course began to study once a week, but i really felt that i needed to show a little more personal interest on this one. So i promised to bring a very special book for his kids named winston jr and nelson. I gave them the My Book of Bible Stories. I told Winston that he should read it to his kids before they go to sleep, just like my dad read it to me when i was a small kid. During our study Winston's youngest son nelson came home from school, ran up the stairs, and bolted threw the door. He had a big smile on his face a told me that he really liked the book i gave to them, then he hugged my leg. Sure was nice to see Jehovah's books bring a family closer to each other and to jehovah."

This one's from Kohlton:
"Here in Belize you are definitely not in the world's limelight, when you're in a strange town in a third world country far away from anything glamorous you realize that. However, there is a spiritual spotlight here, the spiritual progress of students and teachers is accelerated quite a bit. This comes to mind when you see students like carol make jumps such as becoming an unbaptized publisher and being on the school.

When Carol found out she was going to be joining the school and going in the ministry she came to our house and frantically told us. I really don't recall seeing someone be as excited as she was about anything else ever. She was indeed in red alert mode. It really shows the excitement that the truth can foster. I don't know if people simply don't have as many ties to the world here or what, but it seems as if the studies and deep biblical conversation come to you, wherever you are. Today I was terribly lost in the maze of flooded yards looking for a call. I managed to find a man who wants me to come to his work to study with him. Shortly thereafter a student named Babe questioned me about a few scriptures in revelation as he always does when I see him on the street. There is no lack of Biblical interest here, only a lack of teachers to quench such interest. There definitely is a spotlight of spiritual growth and interest here in Belize."

1 Comentário:

Unknown said...

Hello Seth, Keith & Derrick!!

Where are all your new updates?! I hope Belize is treating you all well - it was rough to come back to the freezing cold! Miss it down there so much!

May Jehovah continue to bless your efforts!

~Tessy - from Caaaanada~

Post a Comment

Jehovah In Belize © 2008. Template by Dicas Blogger.

TOPO